My daughter had seen someone eating rice crispies in a movie and asked if we could make some. While I didn’t have either Rice crispy cereal or marshmallows in the house, we found some puffed rice and experimented a bit.
Caramel Puff Squares
A delicious caramel-ly rice puff treat with a chew and a crunch
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 3 1/2 Cups of puffed Rice
- Step 1 Prepare your square baking tin by lining it with baking paper.
- Step 2 Put the rice puffs into a large mixing bowl
- Step 3 Place the maple syrup and the almond butter into a saucepan and cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until you have you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Step 4 Pour this mixture over the puffed rice and stir until they are all coated with the syrup mixture.
- Step 5 Pour the coated puffs into the prepared pan and press down until you have a smooth surface.
- Step 6 Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set
- Step 7 Slice into squares and enjoy!