This recipe made its debut in our household my mistake. I had just made a pot of popcorn and was reaching high and far within my cupboard to get the salt, when the bottle of turmeric fell over and landed in my freshly, perfectly popped…
Month: March 2020
I returned home from a workshop feeling completely exhausted and absolutely famished. As I searched for my keys, my mind was in the kitchen thinking about what I could make for dinner. Some garlic lemon salmon with asparagus? Or perhaps some asparagus soup? As my…
My daughter had seen someone eating rice crispies in a movie and asked if we could make some. While I didn’t have either Rice crispy cereal or marshmallows in the house, we found some puffed rice and experimented a bit.
Caramel Puff Squares
A delicious caramel-ly rice puff treat with a chew and a crunch
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 3 1/2 Cups of puffed Rice
- Step 1 Prepare your square baking tin by lining it with baking paper.
- Step 2 Put the rice puffs into a large mixing bowl
- Step 3 Place the maple syrup and the almond butter into a saucepan and cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until you have you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Step 4 Pour this mixture over the puffed rice and stir until they are all coated with the syrup mixture.
- Step 5 Pour the coated puffs into the prepared pan and press down until you have a smooth surface.
- Step 6 Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set
- Step 7 Slice into squares and enjoy!
Once upon a Thyme · Carl Part 6. Coconut Wraps He turned around and smiled a smile so wide, so beautiful, so loving, as he ran across the street towards me, and I ran to meet him. As my body clashed against his, we embraced,…
Once upon a Thyme · Once Upon A Thyme. Carl. Part 4 and a fluffy Pancake Recipe We went on for a couple hours and while he spoke, I envisioned us being married, having children, living in a wonderful home. This just all made so…
A triumphant scream emerged from my body and I started running around in my living room, throwing my arms up in the air and swinging my hips around as if I had just had a litre of wine. I put myself together, took a deep breathe again and went over to the computer to read the message, carefully, slowly.
“ Oh, my goodness Paula is that really you? I was just talking to my mother about you the other day and we were wondering where you were. Where are you in the world…Do you have time for a chat? My number is…”
I read the message countless times over and started screaming deliriously!
My entire body was shaking.
Then I deleted it…I shouldn’t come across too desperately.
“Yeah, sure…when is a good time?”
Two seconds later, he wrote.
I wasn’t sure if I should stand up or sit down, so chose to walked around in circles as I dialled his number. Within seconds, on the other end of my telephone Carl answered.
His soft, 40 year-old voice felt like an old t-shirt over my body. We meandered into the conversation as if our last conversation with each other was just yesterday and not 34 years before.
Here is the recipe for the wholesome sesame crackers that I made.
Sesame Almond Crackers
A Deliciously Crisp Almond Sesame Cracker
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ts. Salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- A dash of salt and pepper to top the crackers
- A bit of oil to spread on the baking paper
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Step 2 Line your baking tin with baking paper and spread with a little bit of oil.
- Step 3 Take out another piece of baking paper and spread it with a bit of oil
- Step 4 Put all of your ingredients, except for the egg into a mixing bowl.
- Step 5 Add in the egg and mix until you get a sticky dough
- Step 6 Divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Step 7 Place the dough onto the middle of prepared baking tin, which should be lined with oiled baking paper.
- Step 8 Place the other piece of oiled baking paper onto the dough and roll it out to spread across the entire tin.
- Step 9 Roll out the dough into a large rectangle about a 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Step 10 When the dough is rolled out, remove the top piece of parchment
- Step 11 Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into how ever many pieces you like
- Step 12 Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the crackers.
- Step 13 Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until they brown slightly.
- Step 14 Let them cool complete and break them into pieces to enjoy!
- Step 15 Repeat for the other half of your dough!