This Carrot loaf has become a standard in our home, these days. It is so packed with wholesome goodness and it presents a great way for me to use up the carrot pulp from my carrot juice. This loaf so reminds me of my Grandmother’s carrot bread, that I enjoyed as a child; full of Caribbean flavours, the coconut, dried mangoes and nuts. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do!
Buckwheat Carrot Loaf
A carrot-filled buckwheat loaf with a hint of ginger
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp raw cane or coconut sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup of ground flaxseeds
- 3 large carrots, peeled and grated
- Optional: A handful of raisins and walnuts
- Step 1 Prepare the bread tin and preheat your oven to 320°F /160°C.
- Step 2 In a small mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, coconut sugar, and oil.
- Step 3 In a big bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and flaxseeds together, making sure that there are no lumps.
- Step 4 Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Step 5 Stir in the carrots.
- Step 6 Pour the batter into your prepared tin
- Step 7 Bake for 55-65mins, or until the top becomes solid and just begins to crackle.
- Step 8 Let cool before slicing and enjoy!