We went on for a couple hours and while he spoke, I envisioned us being married, having children, living in a wonderful home. This just all made so much sense! I had that vision again of him visiting me in Berlin running into my arms.
And then, I posed the question. That most important question that my heart was yearning to know.
I slowly leaned back into my chair, put my legs up on my table and listened to his response. And as he revealed to me the details of his personal life, the reality of his words caused my back to stiffen up, which made me loose my balance and I toppled over on my chair, landing onto the ground.
Carl clearly didn’t hear the fall and continued to speak, while I remained in that fallen position for what seemed like hours, even long after we had hung up.
Three weeks later, he landed into the Berlin airport and called me saying that he was near my flat at the tram station. Amidst the crowds of people who were hanging out, eating lunch and sipping on their cappuccinos, I immediately spotted him from across the street. His back was turned to me, but I knew that it was him. I felt that it was him. My heart melted and, for a brief moment, I forgot everything else.
…and before we move on, here is my recipe for fluffy Pancakes. It is super easy for kids and super fun to make.
Basic Fluffy Pancakes
Basic Fluffy Pancakes
- 2 cups of flour (spelt, all purpose or oat)
- 1/3 cup of coconut blossom sugar (or raw cane sugar)
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk-or any milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Step 1 Put the flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Step 2 In another mixing bowl, mix together the milk, the melted butter, the egg and vanilla extract.
- Step 3 Place the flour mixture into the milk mixture and whisk the mixture together until it is smooth, and creamy and not too thick. Don’t beat it too much though. 🙂
- Step 4 Get your stove ready and turn it on to low-medium heat.
- Step 5 Put a pat of butter or oil into the pan
- Step 6 Place a 1/4 cup of the batter into your heated and buttered pan and cook the pancake until you see little bubbled forming on the surface.
- Step 7 Flip the pancake carefully
- Step 8 Cook until each side is nice and golden!
- Step 9 Enjoy!